The Rotary Club of Kandy provides local leaders in business, the professions and civil society with an interesting and friendly venue in which to network, share ideas and take action. It also opens up wider horizons for friendship and service across the 200 countries and geographic areas that make up the Rotary world
Membership carries many advantages
- It brings people with a shared interest in community service together and provides the resources and means of action to make a visible and sustainable impact on local communities and people.
- Club activities provide many opportunities to build local and international networks with like-minded people dedicated to making the world a better place.
- They also provide exciting opportunities to use existing skills and acquire new ones.
- Our Youth clubs and activities provide a platform for encouraging, mentoring and guiding future community leaders, and future Rotarians.
- Rotary Friendship Exchanges and other cross-border activities and events open up new horizons and build lasting friendships between Rotarians from different parts of the world.
- We have an opportunity to learn from inspiring speakers drawn from within the club and from among government leaders, business and academic experts, community organizers, writers and other change makers.
- Our family oriented activities create a sense of fellowship and camaraderie that reaches beyond the Club itself to include our families. We organize Family Nights, dine and party together and go on club trips and other outdoor adventures.
Our membership currently stands at 75 but we expect to reach 100 members by the end of the Rotary year. Diversity is also a key concern and we would like to increase the number of women and young people in our Club as well as to widen the professional backgrounds of our members
Rotary International is an organization of service clubs located all over the world. It is a secular organization open to all persons regardless of race, colour, creed, gender, or political preference. There are more than 32,000 clubs and over 1.2 million members worldwide. The members of Rotary Clubs are known as Rotarians. The stated purpose of the organization is to bring together business and professional leaders to provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the world. Members usually meet weekly for breakfast, lunch or dinner, which is a social event as well as an opportunity to organize work on their service goals.
Copyright © 2020 Rotary Club of Kandy. All rights reserved.
by Siliconcrib in Kandy, Sri Lanka.