In addition to our multi-year signature projects we undertake a number of other community service projects which benefit Kandy and improve the lives of its citizens and those of people in other parts of the country. This includes:
- Medical equipment and facilities for hospitals, particularly the Kandy Hospital and the University of Peradeniya Teaching Hospital
- Support to our city including water purification equipment and compactor trucks for garbage collection
- Supporting local economic development in communities through Rotary Community Corps
- Disease Prevention through awareness raising at community level and through support for the training of medical assistants
and health workers
- Promoting literacy by assisting poor schools and students. Activities include access roads, water and sanitation, books and educational materials
- Protecting the environment
- Organizing medical and dental camps
- Organizing special events for children with disability
Rotary International is an organization of service clubs located all over the world. It is a secular organization open to all persons regardless of race, colour, creed, gender, or political preference. There are more than 32,000 clubs and over 1.2 million members worldwide. The members of Rotary Clubs are known as Rotarians. The stated purpose of the organization is to bring together business and professional leaders to provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the world. Members usually meet weekly for breakfast, lunch or dinner, which is a social event as well as an opportunity to organize work on their service goals.
Copyright © 2020 Rotary Club of Kandy. All rights reserved.
by Siliconcrib in Kandy, Sri Lanka.