The Rotary Club of Kandy is committed to pursuing Rotary’s goal of world understanding and peace by leveraging Rotary’s global network of contacts and programmes. This includes:
- Working with overseas clubs and The Rotary Foundation on projects that improve the lives of our communities and by supporting projects in other countries through Global Grants and direct support and action
- Setting up sister club links with clubs in other countries
- Building friendship and cooperation with overseas clubs by welcoming visiting Rotarians to join in our meetings and activities and by attending meetings of clubs in other countries. The pennants we exchange are made up into banners and are proudly displayed at all our major meetings and events
- Participating in family and youth exchanges
- Encouraging our members to participate in Rotary Conventions and to join Rotary Action Groups and Fellowship Groups
Rotary International is an organization of service clubs located all over the world. It is a secular organization open to all persons regardless of race, colour, creed, gender, or political preference. There are more than 32,000 clubs and over 1.2 million members worldwide. The members of Rotary Clubs are known as Rotarians. The stated purpose of the organization is to bring together business and professional leaders to provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the world. Members usually meet weekly for breakfast, lunch or dinner, which is a social event as well as an opportunity to organize work on their service goals.
Copyright © 2019 Rotary Club of Kandy. All rights reserved.
by Siliconcrib in Kandy, Sri Lanka.